If your going out on your first date in Sydney and are stuck for a few ideas on where to go and what to do then following are some really good ideas to help break the ice and kick start the romance. We know it’s not easy meeting a complete stranger for the first time so take our advice and try these out.
1. The Bondi to Bronte walk. If your meeting during the day this is a great way to get to know each other and at the same time see some of Sydney’s best coastline. Plus your both doing some fun outdoor exercise which is great. Once you get to the half way point in Bronte stop at one of the many cafes or buy some fish and chips, sit on the park land area and soak up the views. This is a wonderful Sydney experience and perfect if your in the east.
2. Meet at Centennial Park for a coffee and a walk. A famous meeting point is the café off Lang Rd, which is hard to miss. Once you’ve had your fill of caffeine perhaps do a lap of the park. This is another Sydney institution and is perfect for your first date. It’s really chilled out and the atmosphere is laid back.
3. Meet at Balmoral Beach and have a coffee at the Bathers Pavilion, alternatively you could meet at the Bondi icebergs for a lunch or sip on a cocktail as you stare out to the ocean. Either way this is the perfect location for a first date and is really popular among singles we match up.
4. If your in the inner west why not meet up and browse around the markets in Balmain. Have some coffee or a bite to eat first as you both stroll among the stalls.
5. If your going to meet for your first date for dinner, there are some fabulous restaurants in Surry Hills or Darlinghurst. A favourite of ours is Porteno in Surry Hills. Great vibe and relaxed ambiance serving Argentinian style dishes. There are also lots of other restaurants nearby. All you need to do is go to the Good Food Guide and do you research.
6. A walk around ‘The Rocks’ is also a good idea as there are interesting things to see and do which will keep you very busy and engaged during your first date.
7. While your in the city, if you feel like a bite to eat or some drinks why not head off to the famous Ivy Bar in George St. If that’s too busy and hectic then try The Establishment for some sushi. There are so many things to see and do in the city. All you need to do is find a place to meet and start walking around. We suggest starting at a café in the QVB and taking it from there. If the date is progressing well then perhaps go for dinner. It’s entirely how you feel and what type of vibe your getting from the first meeting. If it’s going well keep the dating momentum ticking along and see where it ends up.
Most of the elite singles we match up are probably very au fait with Sydney but they might not have dated in a long time. The trick here is to suggest that you do something you enjoy in the first instance. If your happy, relaxed and having a good time then your date will also be more comfortable and open to seeing you gain based on the fabulous time they had on the initial meeting.